1. US Government has engaged in crimes against humanity
a. The US Government slaughtered Indians by the thousands, stole their land and forced them to relocate. Andrew Jackson helped gain Congressional passage of the Indian Removal Act of 1830, which authorized the US Government to extinguish Native American title to lands in the Southeast. Details here…
b. The US Government sanctioned & made slavery legal for many years.
c. August 6, 1890 the United States sanctioned the first Death Penalty by the Electric Chair. Electrocution is legalized torture and painful beyond description. George Westinghouse comment about the first Electric Chair execution; “they would have done better using an axe,”and a witnessing reporter claimed that it was “an awful spectacle, far worse than hanging.”
Details at – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_chair
Even though it was clear that using electrocution was inhumain, cruel & unusual punishment, this horrible method of execution has continued for over 100 years and was recently re-instated by Republican Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam - Details here…
The fact that it wasn’t outlawed & expanded to other states and used for over 100 years proves what irresponsible idiots we have had running this country.
The Electric Chair should be abolished and made illegal once and for all.
2. The US is constantly sticking it’s nose in other countries business and is constantly at war. If we minded our own business like Switzerland we would be liked a lot better by people all over the world. There would have been no Vietnam, no 9/11, no Iraq and no Afghanistan.
After World War II, we should have brought all of our troops home and scaled down our military. The United States should have heeded the advise and warning of President Dwight Eisenhower about the “Military Complex”. Details here…
3. The 2000 election was CLEARLY stolen by Republicans and yet no one has been held accountable and nothing has been done about it. Details…
4. Illegitimate President Bush is guilty of War Crimes by attacking Iraq, a country which had nothing to do with 9/11 or attacking the United States. He caused the deaths of over 4,000 American Troops and over 112,000 Iraqi civilians and nothing has been done about it. Details…
5. Our Court System is Seriously Broken
We have a court system which doles out harsh prison sentences for drug offenses, allows murders to be found innocent and finds innocent people guilty. More here…
Many people think of the United States as the “land of the free” when in fact, the US incarcerates more people than any other country in the world… even more than China.
With more people being incarcerated in the US than any other country on earth, the US ought to be called “The Land of the Imprisoned”.
Privately run prisons have become cash-cow enterprises in which there are financial incentives to incarcerate as many people as possible. There have been cases in which judges got kick-backs for incarcerating teenagers (more examples). Privately run prisons is an example of Capitalism and our Justice System gone amuck.
6. Legislative Branches of the US Government is a Mess
a. There should be term limits for every elected office. “Public Service” was never intended to be a lifetime career by our founding fathers.
b. Gerrymandering districts should not be allowed. Any attempts to re-draw districts to favor a political party should be illegal.
7. Political Parties Should Be Abolished
Having political parties polarizes and divides this country and it is leading to our destruction – “United we Stand… Divided we Fall”.
We are incredibly divided thanks to political parties.
Each person who runs for any office should run as an American citizen. Eliminating political parties would make those who serve accountable only to the citizens they represent. No more Billionaires, lobbyists and special interest buying elections
8. Electoral College Should Be Abolished
The Electoral College should be abolished for Presidential Elections and the total vote should determine the winner.
9. NO Lifetime Supreme Court Appointments
No one should be appointed to a job for life. Supreme Court Appointments should be for no more than 8 years.
10. The US Government is Bloated and Wastes Money
The number of agencies contained in the United States Federal Government is mind boggling. Here’s a list of US Government Agencies.
It seems to me that at least 1/2 could be closed. If we were to stop wasting money on these agencies and cut military spending by at least 1/2, there would be a lot more money to help the poor & homeless in this country.
11. The IRS
The IRS should be eliminated. If we would close at least 1/2 of US Government Agencies, cut the Military budget by 1/2, use a sale tax or funding from States to fund the federal government, we would no longer need the IRS.
The US Government is bloated and major cuts need to me made.
From: US Government Sucks